Making High Films In Malta
Filming in Malta started in the 1970s. One of many earliest motion pictures filmed in Malta is “Orca: Killer Whale.” The 1977 movie starred Richard Harris as Captain Nolan and Charlotte Rampling as Rachel Bedford. The movie brought consideration to the plight of the killer whale and launched movie viewers to the attractive Mediterranean Sea and elements of Malta.
In 1980, Sweethaven Village was created on Malta. The Robin Williams movie was filmed in Malta, and the Sweethaven Village still stands at present. Though it’s not getting used to movie motion pictures, it nonetheless serves the island properly as a tourist attraction. The village is open to vacationers seven days per week and provides a variety of household activities.
A Previous Engagement
The most recent film to be filmed solely on the island of Malta was “A Previous Engagement” starring Juliet Stevenson and Daniel Stern. The Canadian-Maltese co-manufacturing was released in the U.S. in May 2008. At the side of the movie’s opening, a contest has been organized. One winner will obtain an all-expenses-paid trip to Malta and stay in the Xara Palace in Mdina the place the movie was filmed.
Other movies which were filmed in Malta embody:
* “Midnight Express.” Some scenes have been filmed at Fort St. Elmo in 1978.
* “Raise the Titanic” in 1980.
* “Cutthroat Island.” The favored Geena Davis and Matthew stone island 30 anni jacket Modine film was shot primarily near Vittoriosa. Some scenes have been filmed in Mdina, Fort St. Elmo and the Dingli Cliffs. Water tanks were supplied by the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “White Squall.” The violent storm skilled on this movie was filmed at the Mediterranean Film Studios in 1996.
* “U-571.” The star-studded cast included Matthew McConnaughey, Jon Bon Jovi, Harvey Kitel and Bill Paxton. The tanks used in the film are the property of the Mediterranean Film Studios. One night-time scene was filmed in the town of Valletta at the Grand Harbor in 2000.
* “The Rely of Monte Cristo.” In 2002, Valletta and Vittoriosa had been temporarily transformed into Marseille for the filming of this film. The lovemaking scene was filmed on the rocks close to Fort St. Elmo. St Mary’s Tower on Comino served as the Chateau d’If.
* “Pinocchio.” The 2002 manufacturing of Pinocchio included scenes filmed within the Mediterranean Film Studios.
* “Swept Away.” The 2002 creation of Madonna and Guy Ritchie was filmed on both Comino and Malta. Madonna’s snorkeling scene was filmed on the Blue Lagoon on Comino.
* “Helen of Troy.” The 2003 mini collection was filmed at Fort Ricasoli and on Comino on the Blue Lagoon.
* “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” This 2003 hit starred Sean Connery and was filmed on Gozo at Xlendi. The submarine scenes have been filmed on the Mediterranean Movie Studios.
* “Troy.” The 2004 blockbuster hit starring Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom was filmed at Fort Ricasoli. Elements have been filmed in Mellieha and on Comino Island. The movie’s producers used Malta’s pure beauty and ruins to enhance the authenticity of the film.
* “A Totally different Loyalty.” Starring Sharon Stone, this film was filmed in stone island 30 anni jacket 2004 at Fort St. Elmo, which gives a visual representation of the town of Beirut. Parts of the film have been filmed on the Golden Sands Beach.
* “Alexander.” In 2004, Valletta’s Grand Harbor doubled for the historical port city of Alexandria. The movie starred Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell.
* “Gladiator.” The Russell Crowe movie was shot at a replica built at Fort Ricasoli with a night time scene being filmed just exterior Vittoriosa at Couvre Port.
For additional information about Malta, including airlines who have flight to Malta provides visit yourmalta.com
They also have a map of Malta plus acommodation with evaluations for inns in Malta